BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

16 September 2021

NEVER BE A CHURCH MOUSE

By Dimple Lobo Corcino Opina

I'm feeling low but hanging to the hope that opportunity knocks,
That giving-up is not an option for me to take,
For I still believe that a man who has perseverance can fulfill a dream,
Despite the difficulty on his social standing. 

If the poor can be rich and live in luxury, 
What more a man like me who have a reason to fight,
To triumph a battle amid its strife and difficulties
And fulfill the life I wanted to be. 

All this gives me a reason to keep pushing hard,
Even though it seems impossible, 
But believing that the gate of chances would be open, 
And one day I shall be rewarded for my hardship.

For to live is to see those who triumph, 
That despite life's adversities they achieved great,
That even though the world was full of uncertainty, 
My life will turn around, goals will achieve and I would never live as a church mouse.

©Dimpskzie
Filipino Poets in Blossoms 🌸 
September 17, 2021