BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

18 September 2021

MY POETRY RULES

By Leah C. Dancel
(Dex Amoroso Prompt)

I heed no rules when in poetic mode 
My thoughts and feelings spring well from my mind 
That guide me what to scribble on my pad 
On keyboard's pouncing bag I write the words. 

Shun using words that connote elegance 
For the readers not to misunderstand 
Poetry is not about bragging rights 
It's about the eloquence of your mind. 

Could I justify an old fountain pen 
To dribble lines upon lines on a bark 
No rhymes and meters and forms of all kinds
Indulge on paper, the old-fashioned way. 

My "words pulsate in the veins of my pen"™
Like a free flowing spirit that spellbound 
Kindred souls, near and far, around the globe 
With whimsical beauty, my poems bring. 

Still respect is due to Maestro Dex 
As he takes the rein on behalf of Ben; 
Their prompts and guides are dearest to my heart 
Vis a vis with all their poetry schemes. 

Haiku, villanelle, sonnets, triolets, 
Quatrains, limericks, partenza; I bet.
But none that I conform, or I'll be late; 
My pen is happy, my piece seems okay.

©Leah C. Dancel 
Copyright@2021
SH-Australia 
Filipino Poets in Blooms 🌼
Dex Amaroso Challenge 101-2
July 2, 2021