BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

30 September 2021

A DIGNIFIED MAN

By Don M. Luman-ag

A poem inspired from  this Microprompt, the poet is challenged to come up with his own muse and dig his mind to write something about the picture before him. My friend Don M. Luman-ag with his brilliant mind get his pen going and scribbled:


Do not step on me,
don't trample on my right
I don't care about your status,
I can give you a good fight
Although I choose my battles,
but when honor is at stake
I will not hesitate,
to make you taste defeat

I have my dignity,
I got my pride
I walk with head held high,
with my every stride
I have nothing to be ashamed of,
I have nothing to hide
What you see is what you get,
I am who I am inside 

I'm not used to being a taker,
for I know how to give
I share what little I have,
with those who are in need
It is always better to give,
than to be on the receiving end
I'd rather be the giver,
than to be the recipient

I don't live for validation,
I'm confident in my own skin
I do things that make me happy,
I choose to live life this way
I don't seek fame or recognition,
that is not my intention
Love is my real motivation,
my source of inspiration

© Don M. Luman-ag  
30.09.2021
ILA Founder: Annette Nasser