BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

30 May 2023

VENDOR

By Hanan Muzafar

Vendor

It was eclipse of June,
and plague roaming, 
Only few vendors, were on streets, 
Among others, 
one catched my gaze:
Cause none was looking, 
what he was selling. 

Head down hung in poverty, 
hand on nose, 
consumed by eternal despair and grief, 
we didn't talk, so I took his picture, 
and he smiled. 

I came again to see him, 
but he was not there;
I asked others for his name, and address;
His house cramped, 
full of people and children, 
I asked them, 
where is he? 
They said "He's gone"
As if he was even rejected by his own. 

Some are so strange, 
no matter what we do, 
we can't paint them;
Where from they come, 
where do they go: No one knows? 
Never I saw him again.

31 May 2021