BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

6 May 2023

THE POET

Lifted from Dr Deena Padayachee with his foreword.

As I read through this poem now, without knowing who the poet was, I wondered how one can write so beautifully. And then, I saw who had written this poem, and I went, naturally, it has to be her...  
So, so beautiful!
Joan McNerney GloMag January 2021



THE POET

It is the white hour
between deep night, soft dawn.

I have known no sleep but
my eyes blazed back at the
stars this night.

Walking by the river
soft murmuring while
long poems
           intricate exquisite
                shaped themselves
                glided across my mind.

Faint indistinct…like
a love I have known.
Quiet passion gentle
smooth. Cotton
clouds in a blue sky.

Haze of hours half-forgotten
melon moons crackerjacks.
This is a kind of sleep
in a way, enchanted.
Half in out of this world.

The sun rose…
another golden flower.