BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

7 February 2023

SIGNS of TIME

By Leah C Dancel

Palm Beach
12 November 2022

SIGNS of TIME 

I love being old.
And getting older 
I don't mind having grey hair, 
White hair, or platinum hair;
Whatever.
I want to leave the colour
As natural as it is:
No dye, no artificial colouring
No tainting.
Having spots and dots on my skin
Never bother me
Nor wrinkles and eyebags
and other parts that sag.
Dentures or toothless state
Becomes a new normal.
I don't mind a light sheen
On my face, or little paint
on my lips.

Getting old is a wholesome experience.
Though it comes with some discomfiture:
Arthritis, osteoporosis or diabetes.
Yet, touch wood, I have none of those.
But, something around me
Somewhere, I know I have problems too.
Health issues are human's natural appendage 
Of life's dramatic journey.

When our body starts slowing down
Showing remarkable changes and signs of time;
Here and there, a guest comes to visit
Sometimes in a group all at once 
To Torture me, persecute me and taunt me
More often than not, beyond my endurance
A fighter I am, I resist, but I still endure
To cope, to manage, to adjust
To any pain that inflicts me
I even call her a Friend.

Even so, I am told not to worry.
Old age is life, but my heart is young.
And I've learned about coming to terms with it.
And all the vanities in this world 
May continue to exist 
For all I care. 
My only hope and wish
For myself 
Is to grow old gracefully
And die peacefully.

© Leah C Dancel
Copyright © 8 February 2023
All rights reserved
SH-AUSTRALIA
#old_age

Feedback:

"Beautiful!" ~Girlie Abbu

"Wow! This is a beautiful piece, mang! I love it."
~Melany Amante Mabao Maguindanao 

"Wow pang profile picture ito! Matching beautiful poem pa ๐Ÿ˜‰" 
~Mirella Macatula

"A grey hair is glory to God." ~Dina Villarba 

"Nothing but the truth. A remarkable poem that brings us face to face with reality and a positive mindset to confront it." ~Gus Perez Amio

"There's no traces of hardships in the past anymore. All I can see is a beautiful face and a successful life in you, ate. As the Scripture says, "The old has gone, the new has come." Love you, ate. ๐Ÿ’" 
~Cherrie Facun Dancel 

"I love the look and patterns ha? Cheers to aging gracefully!!!" ~Jadj Dancel 

"Beautiful  and  very elegant Leah๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜˜"
~Adriana Vargas Lerch 

"This poem is wonderful and the lovely lady is not too bad either ๐Ÿฅฐ" 
~Jona Hans Harold

"No worries, old age never stopped you from blooming as you aged gracefully. The formula never failed that number never matters but what’s  within our hearts  and our state of mind. It can not be hidden, it manifests, it radiates positivity that  crossed pollinate to some." ~Lucy Gulle

"Just my thought. Your poetry, encapsulated everything." ~Teresita Sy Giok Liong

"Tremendous lovey xxx" ~Joan Laius 

"Love your beauty it’s God gift, simplicity is beautiful ๐Ÿ˜,ang paglalagay naa asa nang make up it’s only temporary it will fade diay bah ate." ~Emyat Andales

"Your sentiments about life sincerely expressed in free verse!!!  Leah Dancel"
~Mariquita Nosce Tandoc

"Ate, did U know the more whiter your hair is, the more expensive it is to sell to a wigmaker, U could be sitting on millions๐Ÿค‘๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’–
~Miemie Verdida

"Because God loves you,YOU ARE WONDERFULLY MADE AND UNIQUE ๐ŸŒท"
~Minda Bacsarpa Dimaocor 

"Wordings are too inspiring and a remarkable date it was posted, thank you ma'am Leah Dancel ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜" ~Efelda Donsky 

"Ageing is good on you adorable sister mine. 
You have the right frame of mind 
May Yahweh wisdom sustain your well being. Amen" ~Lucky Stephen Onyah

"A woman with substance❤️, that is what you are to me..why be afraid to grow old when you have all the wisdom and the big love of your grandkids? A perfect poem for us๐Ÿ˜..but! I still dye my hair once in a while when I'm down and out๐Ÿ˜‚" ~Maria Theresa Causapin