BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

18 February 2023

AFLOAT

By Rosie Caristea



A F L O A T

Dare not to ask where I am going 
Nor to question where I came from 
You would never want to know 
Neither you'll understand.
For I am a ship in the ocean 
with this fragile sail above 
My anchor knew the darkest depth 
It has touched beyond the sand.

I fought the waves of turbulence 
Rest on the surface when it's calm 
I ain't no friend to bad fishes;
I always clammed up like the clams.
During the days of scorching heat 
when my body was almost sun-baked
I sail in pain without a word;
I dare not cry to ask for help.

The ocean knew my every weakness
It helps develop all my strength
My destination though I'm certain
I am dependent on the wind.
I have been here from the beginning 
Without a place in the vast land 
From port to port I moored to rest
I've been at home but not welcome.

®©Rosie Caristea 
@Rio Ramilo 
021423 
~From The Oasis of Verses and Rhymes 
All Rights Reserved 
📷Markus Gaan