BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

24 February 2023

I AM A TOURIST

By Myr Reyes E Tejada


I AM A TOURIST

I travel everywhere via my books
Ride written words to distant nooks
Each line a train chugging down the track
A roaring jet, a racing car, a rolling yacht.

Right there is my tour itinerary
A prologue of the sites I would see
Thrilling wonders, an exciting overview
Of experiences beautiful and new.

Every page then, takes me on a flight
Reach galaxies veiled from my naïve eyes 
Soar heights where I would not dare fly
Discover secrets that cosmos hides.

Each chapter takes me on a cruise
Surf the troughs and crests of ocean waves
Play hide and seek in underwater caves
With sharks and dolphins befriend mermaids.

I could rewind the clock or do a time lapse
Talk with the sages from millenniums past
Be alive in the world a century hence
Past, present, future, I could experience.

I also have my own travelogue
In the leaves of the epilogue
Inspiring me to keep on and move
Find other places where I could groove.

© Myrtle Eve
24/02/2023
Philippines
Photo source: google