BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

3 November 2021

Beautiful Mess

By Estelle Cortes

Beautiful Mess

I toss and turn,
Counting my heart beats,
Not knowing 
If I should be grateful
Or not.
Most nights are tougher than the others,
Thoughts tumbling like an angry river,
Churning, whirling
Inside my mind.
What a beautiful mess!
Sometimes overwhelming,
Sometimes organized chaos.
      "Breathe!"
        I told myself.
      "Acknowledge the beautiful mess that you are."

Survivors like me,
We became our own heroes,
Not waiting, nor expecting,
For anyone to save us
From our nightmares, 
Except for the Divine maybe.
Pain becomes our reality,
Each day of surviving-
A  Personal Victory!
No medals, no recognitions,
No pats on the back,
No one to cheer us on.

I am a beautiful mess, 
Surviving is what I do best.
 
~Estelle~
07102021
0414H

Comment

"The poem and the quote are perfect tandem. Yes,  we write our stories for our own good, not for others to snarl at us,  nor condemn us... It's just sheer luck, a tough luck, that we put it online sadly to be subjected to the reader's interpretation - most of whom are biased." ~Leah C. Dancel