BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

7 July 2021

TO MY HUMAN DAD


POSTCARD

By Don Luman-ag

People were amazed 
At how I've grown to be this big
From being a tiny ginger tabby
Now I stand two feet and three

I was born of a stray mother
You welcomed into your life
They thought i've got a breed
Didn't they know I'm just well-fed?

Well cared and provided for
That's how I got my shiny fur
You always think of my welfare
Even when things weren't fair

You call me your little tiger
Who sleeps beside you in bed
We gave each other company
And comfort night and day

You told me many things
Your family didn't know about
Because you don't want them to worry
While from home you're away 

Through my little eyes I've seen
Your life's ups and downs
I've witnessed how you shed tears
When it was too much to bear

Though my life had been cut short
I know how badly you're hurt
We'll be together someday, Dad
In another world reunited.

Source: Filipino Poets in Blossoms 🌸 
July 7, 2021
Dec Amaroso 
#Poem-by-a-Pet