BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

21 June 2023

IRENE: SHE CALLS ME MOTHER

By Leah C Dancel



Irene and Matt's Wedding Day
Sydney Opera House
14 February 2023 


SHE CALLS ME MOTHER
(To Irene M Allard)

She's not my daughter
But she calls me Mother.
She's not my flesh and blood 
Yet, she cares for me like I'm her own.

She looks up to me with reverence
And understands my shortcomings. 
She treats me as equal as 
her folks whom she adored. 

True to her name, she's irenic in disposition 
Complimented with grace
Her beauty matches her integrity;
A loving person, creative and resourceful.

We run on variant genes
With gaps wide apart;
A baby boomer and a millennial
Having meeting of minds.

Grateful for her resplendent soul;
A no nonsense taker - for 
She means what she says
And says what she means.

I'm proud to be her Mother
As she is proud of me.
The finest person I've ever met
On the course of her journey, 
And lifetime adventure.

©Leah C Dancel
Copyright © 22 June 2021
All rights reserved
SH-AUSTRALIA