BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

20 April 2023

YOU ARE THE SUGAR OF THE EARTH

April 20, 2023

Note from the Author:
Inspired from image of Ate Leah Dancel holding the cup at my library 😉. A dedicatory piece by the Author to Yours Truly.


A handwritten piece of poignant verse handed by the author to me today, 26 April 2023 at his home, Macquarie Park.



YOU ARE THE SUGAR OF THE EARTH
By Rado Gatchalian

There’s more to brown sugar,
its delicate crystal looks
when it looks at you;
the gaze like soon-to-be droplets 
of honey in a cup which holds the
entire universe of solitude and joy.

When it pours in your taste, 
and out of nowhere, everything becomes sweet ~~~
you become a molecule
that absorbs the very pain known to mankind.

There’s more to sugar when you become
the sweetest friend to all.

Allow yourself to immerse in the ocean,
salty and rebellious,
but pour out the very last drop of 
what makes you you ~~~
and you become the sugar of the earth,
delicate, marvelous yet content.


Admin's Comment:
Rado Gatchalian - That was one of the cutest mug I've seen in all the places I'd been. Thank you Rado. This is quite an honour. I will consider this as a pre-Mother's Day present.

Footnotes:

How the author found inspiration in writing this poem. ...as I was holding the lovely mug of yummy coffee he served me... slowly sipping it's aromatic taste.

*When you were holding the cup,
I see a vivid image like you're holding the entire universe of solitude, and joy.

Admin: 
That's amazing! As if you have dissected my soul as figuratively I have been in that state lately. The large mug is actually symbolic.

*And you're so sweet Ate when you brought food.
You become the sugar when you become the sweetest friend to all...

*You are the sweetest friend to many...
Whether they are your close friends and to any random people.

Admin:
I feel chokey in this part. I'm a sentimental fool pa naman. Rest assured Rado, when I do things regardless of how insignificantly small they can be, I do it with my whole heart. To me, they're only little tokens compared to what God has done for me. And the fact that you have appreciated me, is all that matters. If only I could help everyone! If only.

RG
But you see? When I said brown sugar - it metaphorically refers to you. Our kulay kayumanggi.

And people should not judge you for your colours, for what they see, for your looks. For there is more to it.
Then when you look at people - you gaze like droplets of honey... Honey = you give your everything, your love and care.

Then the food you gave to me:

It pours in my taste...
Out of nowhere...

Then that food, and you...

Becomes a molecule
That absorbs my pain...
My loneliness, my not eating..

That simple act of kindness restored Humanity.

That absorbs the very pain known to mankind..

What is that pain? 
The loneliness

At the last stanza...

I said: 
Immerse yourself to ocean...
Salty and rebellious

That's a reference: when I say I admire you being adventurer, brave, risk taker...

You're not afraid. Kahit umuulan, kahit malayo.

But you pour out the very last drop of what makes you you.

What makes you you?
Your kindness
Your love
Your joy
Your passion to life
Your willingness not to give up
Your energy to move.

Then, the very final two lines...

You become the sugar of the earth,
Delicate, marvelous yet content...

When I see you, when you walk, like fragile woman... In spite of your age...
You remain marvelous 
But the most important...
You live a life of contentment.

RG Concluded:
You will realise here...
This poem is an anti-thesis of Biblical "You are the salt of the Earth..."

Patterned with your love for Bible,
I reimagined it with this contemporary notion of "You are the sugar of the Earth..." a poem I dedicated to you.

Now, you see the full context of my poem... Enjoy!


Admin: Conclusion
Very touching. I did discern everything you compounded Rado. I had a bit of an inkling that you might have referred your writing to me, but, until you confirmed.

Of all the dedicatory poems I received, this is the best I have!

I'm including all these under footnotes. This could be an item for a healthy and stimulating discussion. Let's do this with Atty Gil next time.