BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

1 April 2023

THE PERSON IN ME

By Leah C Dancel

APRIL is Poetry Month



THE PERSON IN ME

To be caring, to be loving;
To be giving, to be kind; 
To be understanding, to be considerate;
To be loyal, to be trustworthy;
To be appreciative, to be grateful;
To be true, to be sincere;
To be honest, to be truthful;
To be doting, to be encouraging;
To be inspiring, to be forgiving;
To be humble, to be patient;
To be creative, to be diligent;
To be crazy, to be zany
To be mad, to be happy 
To serve, to help, to do things without being told.

Is there a simple smile
And a genuine heart
Cannot do?

Trying not to be wanting 
For worldly caprices and whims
Nor taking obsession with matters
That matter less to me.
I have dreams and wishes 
But they're not much of a goal 
Other than those I hope --
For myself to be -

With imperfections and flaws
I posses;
I rue not whatever things 
I fail to do.
Because I have embraced
The real person in me.

©Leah C Dancel
Copyright © 2 April 2023
All rights reserved
SH-AUSTRALIA 
(Note: from my original incomplete manuscript written in 9 February 2023)

FEEDBACKS 

"Beautiful 😻! Describe us." ~Teresita Sy Giok Liong 

"a genuine heart that speaks volume, actions that come from a pure spirit"πŸ’•πŸ’πŸŒΊπŸ˜πŸ₯° ~Cecilia Dela Cerna