BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

26 April 2023

MISUNDERSTOOD

By Estelle Cortes


With permission from the Author

Misunderstood

I was mocked, and called names,
The people I thought were friends,
Behind my back they laughed,
Derisive, hateful remarks thrown my way,
I keep my silence and pray,
Knowing what's in my heart anyway.

I don't mind being misunderstood,
My battles I fought,
The few, who knew-
They watched in silence,
Respected my views.
I am not one to march
To the beat of others' drums,
I dance to the rhythm
That plays in my heart,
My Soul revels to the music
That only lovers understand.

I am misunderstood,
I stand with my veracity-
Naked, free and bold,
Unbeholden to any religion, 
Except for the Universe's truth,
Unafraid, I am my own man,
But with a heart filled with gratitude.

~Estelle~
02232022