BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

22 April 2023

ABRA KADABRA

By Jeffrey Cejero
23 April 2022


Abra Kadabra
(Free Verse)
 
"Abra kadabra!" with a simple wave of a wand,
Wings of darkness came out, covering my place.
Coldness wrapped my body and thrown to abyss.
My heart was stabbed and started to bleed.
 
Abra kadabra was the death of my world.
My breath was swirled and life was chaotic.
Without you, my life would be cold and empty.
The days and nights were both dark and tight.
 
Flowers wilted and rainbows were evenings.
Rain and pain were endless, life was astray.
My world started to crumble, life was unfair.
 
Seasons continued to roll and from my fall,
A magical voice made a call, “Abra kadabra!”
You appeared when my soul was almost over.
 
From your heart and your hat, love came out.
Flowers bloomed, rainbows turned bright.
The sun smiled and blue sky appeared.
Warmth and love healed my wounded heart.
Darkness and sadness melted.
 
I was speechless for I didn't expect you.
The one I was waiting, didn't return
But you rescued me in this tragic.
Love is magic that's hard to explain.
 
Your hat is your heart where doves came out.
Heralds of peace and love, you’re my true joy.
And now, as I wear my best smile
While waiting you here at this fated altar,
I humbly thanked the greatest Magician
As you walked down this destined aisle.