BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

10 April 2022

I COME WITH NOTHING, I LEAVE WITH NOTHING

By Leah C Dancel 

Prompted by four consecutive years of successive deaths in the family which I was badly hit by the demise of our twin siblings 19 days apart from each other, two years ago, had me  contemplated my own life as when it would eventuate and how.

I ended up holding a pen to scribble.




I COME WITH NOTHING,
I LEAVE WITH NOTHING

I came to the world naked
With nothing, to be exact,
but with breath to survive.

I lived in my mother's breasts
She nourished me thoughtfully
until I grew strong enough.

I learned to speak as a child
All but maffles and mumbles 
Only my parents understood.

Soon I started my first step,
Steps of a lame little lamb.
Since then, I walked by miles.

From small steps to big footsteps
I journeyed all paths of life;
Rough or smooth, I carried on.

When storms threatened my way,
Faith is my only stronghold
To pull me through trials.

As often, the mountains 
were steep and hard to climb;
At times, very slippery.

If I get lost on dark nights,
The hosts will light up the sky
My guiding light ... that leads me.

In my whole life I've lived
There were lessons to learn
They never come that easy.

Now the sunset is coming
I'm waiting for my own time
Will I be ready to leave

With nothing?

© Leah C Dancel
Copyright ©April 11, 2022
All rights reserved
SH-AUSTRALIA

Comments:

Crispina Vedra-Diego - A thought of a given life from birth to eternity. A wonderful life lived with gratefulness to the giver of life. I'm reminded of who am I too. Naked came I, in the eyes of God , very special. Love you my dear Le.

Lenore Caytiles - We come with nothing and leave with nothing but the legacy we leave behind would surely pave the way for the next generation. ❤️

Lenore Caytiles - Le, my dearest friend, only the Lord can tell when we will have our final exit. In the meantime until that final day, let us continue to be a blessing to others, be an inspiration and a model to the younger generation. Let us be thankful and happy, everyday is a blessing. Love love and lots of love ❤️❤️❤️

Jadj Dancel - Better think of your legacy manay and all the lives you have touched and changed along your journey. Nothing can harm your kind soul. Hugs cuz!!!

Jeffrey Cejero - You came to the world with nothing but you have touched the hearts and souls of so many people. Blessed we are for meeting you po nay.  ❤

MC Lacdao - Love the music that resounds from the lyrics of the song which you wrote incarnated in your poem. A simple treat but an awesome delight to start the week right .

Gus Perez Amio - Life's cycle, a journey from sunrise to sunset, the pitfalls, the humps and bumps, the plateaus, the peaks, pinnacles and the summits in-between. Life, indeed is an endless cycle of hellos and goodbyes, of arrivals and departures. 
Love your poem....as usual, poetry at its best.

Lynn Valaquio Garcia - Well said! We're nothing but just a speck of dust and to dust we return. But let us create happy useful memories that would be our legacy to the next generation.

Teresita Sy Giok LIONG- Truth about our existence.

Manuel Valdez II - We all live to die.. 
From the moment we started to take our first breathe, it's the moment also that we start to die.. It's at this point that I realized that life is too short.

Elena Zaragoza Escubio - Lovely! beautifully done.  you're so good at doing this poetry

Nancy Gandeza - The beauty of nature God has given us,  we have to enjoy everything in this world now, learn the lessons of good and bad things, love and kindness we must share for we only live once.  Very beautiful piece Ms. Leah!

Teresita Mariano Barrera - From nothing you came to the world, still leaving with nothing on your due date...
But you lived a fruitful life 
Leaving behind all strifes
As you watch the sun to set
The beauty of life you'll never forget

Diana Amamio Anzalone - Lovely poem Leah. You are really gifted with such awesome ability! Kudos.  My heartfelt condolence to your family tragedy. 🤕 May they rest in peace, amen.🙏🥰