BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

9 January 2022

SUMMER PROMENADE

Repost
January 10, 2018



SUMMER PROMENADE 
(In memory of Karomatan)
 
Summer is here again.
My sweet reverie begins.
In the night, repose
With the tide, the sea mellows.
 
I solemnly tread upon the silver sand.
Each footstep winding at a glance;
Sinking in every moment’s care,
As I leave my footmarks bare.
 
Twinkling starry nights I oft to gaze;
Stirring memories, I fondly recall,
Some childhood silhouettes move
As if they sway among the leaves.
 
This magical moment in time,
Has gripped my heart with longings,
When I hear the carillon chimes,
It is calling my name from home.
 
The quiet hush of the sea makes waves,
To the seashore they cleanly sweep,
With gentle laps in the glinting sand;
Mingling with sadness they groan and weep.
 
My childhood is well-remembered by
Of life where the bank swells with pride
This summer promenade washes mem’ry
My lonely echo sends the tide away.
 
©Leah C. Dancel
Copyright@ November 16, 2007 
All rights reserved
QH NSW
Australia
 
Author’s Note: A dedicatory poem of my childhood after two decades living away from home. I feel so homesick. I miss my big boisterous, happy family. Only Delia and I are left. The rest are gone. (Updated, January 10, 2022)