BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

10 January 2022

Military Wife Collaboration

Collaboration with Estelle Cortes
January 11, 2019



A WIFE AT HOME

When the Guard at the frontier 
Plays the bugle to raise the alarm
As he played a call to arms in haste
The soldiers run and make no waste
Out from the foxhole's den
They run here, there and around the bend.

At home his wife in prayer kneels
To beg that her husband is safe and well
She is the hero in his life that fills
Him with love and adoration of his name at will
No one cares about her well-being
She is the living widow left unslain 

She matters not to everyone in disdain
For all her sacrifices in silence bear
Sometimes she's looked down; her eyes in tears
Alone, brave in scorn, with no one to defend
While her dear husband fights for all men's rights
To live, but his own dear wife's life full of fright.

©Leah C. Dancel
Copyright©11 January 2019
All rights reserved
SH-Australia



I AM A SOLDIER'S WIFE
Anon By Estelle Cortes
30 May 2010 

My name’s often forgotten
But that doesn’t bother me
He is the one who matters ...
And every time he leaves 
Part of me is torn away 
My heart just breaks in two 
Oh Lord I need your strength now 
Before I come unglued 
I hurry off with our boy 
His daddy’s gone away
I know the questions will start soon 
How will I make it through this day?
Everyone talks about the soldiers 
Give them the respect they’re due
But what about my son and me? 
Don’t we matter too? 
My husband is a soldier 
And I’m that soldier’s wife 
Please notice all your freedoms 
We make that sacrifice
And if he gives his life for you 
I know that I’ll stand tall
He’s fighting for our country 
And for that he’ll take the fall 
So when you bow your head at night 
And say your bedtime prayer
Please remember to pray for our troops 
Who are scattered everywhere
And if you happen to remember 
Please say a prayer for me
I am the one who’s left behind 
Your prayers are what I need 
I am a soldier’s wife. 

Photo: ctto

➖💠➖💠➖💠➖

A Poem for A Soldier's Wife
By Melany Amante Mabao Maguindanao

The almost tragic saga of your indelible tale.
Written as a triumph over despair.
Your recollection struck a deeper chord...
Using your pen as your only sword.

Browsing the pages you kept for ages,
I have seen your life constantly on the edges...
It offered me insights, illuminated
my ways...
The life you fought for, now, with love he pays.

The strength of a woman, I found in you...
It's extraordinary...he knows it too.
Life is a celebration of love and 
gratitude.
Forever thankful to your fortitude.

Continue to be stronger for the people you love...
With your pain and struggles, I'm
first to sob.
I also relied in your strength for so long now...
Even to thank you, I don't know how.

So accept this poetry from a neophyte friend...
A symbol of admiration I can only send..
A gift for my bestfriend in this life...
To remember your worth... as a hero's wife.

Source: I Keep What I Read
FB Page

Photo: ctto