BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

13 August 2023

WAVES OF TIME

By Leah C Dancel


WAVES OF TIME

What a timeless season, winter brings!
Those lonely nights I come with pondering.
When and where  are all these years gone by;
Since my children left home to start their own new life.

They're brave and strong and ready to take on the world;
With wings unfurled, and, sleeves rolled up to earn a dime.
Their confidence sanguine and future outlook bold.
I'm proud of them, they set a paradigm.

Soon my empty nest is filled with miracles
With tiny feet and hands and sweet happy faces
I waived away loneliness,  pain and regrets
Alone in the past,  where they all belong.

Life has a way to recompense my woes
Like the tide of the sea that ebbs and flows,
Beneath THE WAVES OF TIME, life must go on.
And let the crimson skies at dusk move on.

My twilight years are spent with  care
Feeling grateful for all seasons I bear
Finding purpose without chasing shadows
For I'll abide the whispers of the heart.

©️ Leah C Dancel
Copyright ©️ 14 August 2023
All rights reserved
#poetrypromptchallenge
#WRITINGPROMPTS
#MAYYUHAMIM