BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

10 August 2023

FOND MEMORIES OF GROWING UP

By Myr Reyes E Tejada 

Mom was my own wonder woman
With her I was in wonderland
It’s her who made my world go round.

Growing up, my days were filled with fun
Cares and worries were never around
Home was my heaven under the sun.

With pieces of stems, I curled my hair
With the sap of leaves, painted my nails
Licked red lollipops to tint my lips.

Was foreign to nutrients and gourmet
Dreamed to feast on chocolate candy
Prayed for cake and ice cream every day.

I ran around the neighborhood
With grimy face from eaten foods
And meldrop peeping from my nose.

My idea of a great hangout
A nearby field chasing dragonflies
Then going home scratching insect bites.

When I got hurt, screamed and cried out loud
In joy and glee, noisily guffawed
Never cared what poise is about.

And then I discovered romance and love
At fifteen and hey, it did hurt so bad!
Was told it was just part of growing up.

How I wish I could recapture
Bygone growing up days’ joyous galore
Turn back time and be young once more.

© Myrtle Eve
Philippines
08-08-23
Myr Reyes E Tejada