BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

31 December 2022

HOME, MY HOME

By Leah C Dancel



HOME,  MY HOME

How I longed to belong
To someone, someplace, somewhere
In my heart where I can sing a song
Of longings that my soul can sweetly render
Free from all sad mem'ries, none to remember
The place is home to many strangers:
A land they fondly called Down Under!

Here in my new home that overflows with milk and honey
There's abundance of wealth that nature blessed
Hard toil and perseverance do make dreams come into reality
Big and small, whatever it takes, are worthy to be praised
Resilience fuelled by determination is cautiously addressed.
Take a fair dinkum shot and you'll be right
Heed to your inner voice and do things right.

Home is where I hide away 
From all the mundanes of this troubled world
To rest whenever I feel weary
To mind my own cares and forget the old
Worries that I'd let loose from my hold
This is my home, that which is void of trappings
It's a home nonetheless, my home, sweet home: Forever will be!

©Leah C. Dancel
Copyright©January 1, 2022
All rights reserved
First Poem 2022
#home 
#downunder