BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

30 March 2022

MY DEAR JOAN

JOAN and WOW

SEPTET




MY DEAR JOAN 

My lady luck with a sweetest smile
A friendly poetess from across the seas
I met her in Washington DC
In poetry open mic way back sometime.
I sensed her accent in Englishy inflection
That's how she became endeared to me
She's far from laconic who chortles free!

Was it due perhaps to my funny way
In expressing myself so diff'rently.
Back to the stage where she stood
To recite her piece I was in awe
Her eloquence was without pomposity
She made me daydream while she tells a story
About her England home so far away!

My heart was taken by her heartiness:
Warm, congenial and beautiful she is!
Joan is her name in New York she resides
Laconic she's not, empathy beside
She chortles at every amusing thing
She heard from people from all walks of life.
I miss you Joan, glad to see you again!

© Leah C. Dancel
Copyright © March 31, 2022
All rights reserved
SH-AUSTRALIA
#ILAMagazine_Challenge
#Septet
#WOW
#ChortleandLaconic
#dedicatorypoem
#JoanLaius

-- One stanza SEPTET --

A laconic optimist
Rarely say a word
With wisdom she beholds
Her heart chortles within
Some amusing anecdotes
She silently read from the book
Of a happy go lucky raconteuse.

©Leah C Dancel
Copyright © March 31, 2022
All rights reserved
SH-AUSTRALIA
#ILAChallenge
#Septet
#Wow_ChortleandLaconic

From Joan:
THANK YOU MY DEAR FRIEND, I Am INDEED HONOURED THAT YOU WOULD WRITE A POEM ABOUT ME. THANK YOU AND SEND YOU ALL MY LOVE XX