BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

14 August 2021

THE SHADOW OF YESTERDAY


Today’s battle is about to end
And time for my soul to mend.
My body worked the whole day
To forget the shadow of yesterday.

As the wings of the night started to creep,
Sadness in my heart submerged in the deep.
I peacefully watched the magnificent sky.
Cottons of gold and tangerine float high.

The birds are fairies of pure joy
As they fly high, invading to deploy.
The tiredness and sadness in my heart
Are dispersed in the air and began to part.

The sea is the mirror of the sky,
Showing its beauty to a passerby.
Sending its waves to the shores
Creating melodious music as it roars.

I sat on the shore and started reminiscing the past.
Sweet beautiful memories, how I wish it would last.
Her smiles, beauty and scent are left on this place.
The dusk, the sea and the sky,  I can see her face.

The birds are singing their best goodnight.
The cold grains of sand are stars bringing light.
The breeze made the sound of the leaves rustling.
The island is my heart where it keeps on beating.

This dusk is my only and lovely lady.
She treated me as her precious baby.
Because tonight, her embracing soothing darkness
Promises a new day that will fill my emptiness.

Photo credit: google

©Jeffrey Cejero
08/13/21
11:40 pm
FPB Member