BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

6 August 2021

POETS' FARE

By Leah C. Dancel



My trip to Hunter Valley
24 April 2021


How much I find delight in poetry

With verses not long; one liners are best.

Stanzas are trimmed and cut to simpleness

Devoid of pageantry and pompous words.

I love the ones with landscape thoughts;

A portrait only minds can draw or paint.

Instead of pictures, words are inscribed

Designed to amaze, awe and inspire.

I walk along the trail that poets leave

Their stories, like my own, are found on the road of life.

Some are epics of better and mis-spent days

They give lessons to ponder under this covid mess.

Somewhere in between the lines I'm caught

In a trance lost to a forest of all that I believed

Forgetting the time that passes by

I'm soaked, immersed in words of the poets' fare.


Published at The Diary Files - DX-Lab, State Library of New South Wales 
June 9, 2020