BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

9 January 2024

DREAMTIME TRAVEL

Posted at ILA
Backroads and Byways Challenge 


DREAMTIME TRAVEL
(BACKROADS AND BYWAYS)

Travelling alone at my own pace
Gives me freedom and space;
To relish the beauty of a journey 
With ample breathtaking views at liberty. 

The train I'm on, go fast and slow. 
In every nook and cranny, it leaves me
Feeling with vim, vigour and zest;
It's a country train I'm on, going west.

Passing through a scenic mountain range: 
The alluring vistas  have no end;
Along a zig zag rail in the midst of sylvans' trail;
Under long dark  tunnels,  there's both chill and thrill.  

Valleys down the valley of blue haze 
Covering the landscape behind the maze
Of rugged terrain and sandstone walls 
Weaving wild imaginings at sunset, when twilight falls.

Echoes of myths these mountains breathe 
Whom people keep their honour and respect 
Native legends are bound by a legacy 
In dreamtime folklore,  their ancestors lay.

The train I'm on go fast and slow
For travellers like me wanting to know.
How vast these mountains can keep abreast -
The stories of old I heard in the west. 

©️ Leah C Dancel 
Copyright ©️ 27 December 2023
All rights reserved 
SH-AUSTRALIA 
#ILA MAGAZINE 
#BackroadsandByways
#RoadTrip

NB

Along with three other poets,  I've been honoured to be published at ILA Magazine  with my humble contribution as I took part on a ROAD TRIP - Backroads and  Byways. 

In most of my travels in a  literal sense, it's always the scenic countrysides that swept me into a dreamy state especially if the trip lasts 3-4 days. I have the habit of taking mental notes whatever experience I encounter in my travels. 

In a metaphorical perspective,  travelling backroads and byways gives me a sense of freedom,  boosts my confidence,  a feeling of restoration, an escape from the suffocating pressures from our mundane world.  

In every line each poet unravels her/his mind and unleashed her/his thoughts that our journey here on earth is manifested by all kinds of challenges each of us has to face.  Every byway,  every backroad is only a segment of that road trip. What matters most is that, we arrive safely in our destination with memories we choose to keep.

©️ Leah C Dancel 
17 January 2024