BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

28 May 2022

MY SHADOW

By Jeffrey Dacanay Cejero

#AnythingFriday

My Shadow

I have a special friend named shadow.
Wherever I am, he loves to follow-
Be it a mountain, river or rainbow.
Our friendship has never been shallow.

One morning when there was a heavy rain
Where the gust of the wind was a pain,
My friend shadow did his best to contain
Every coldness and he had nothing to complain.

At noontime when the sun was just above my head,
My shadow turned like to be a shred.
He chose to stay just below my feet instead
So that none of us could walk ahead.

Then afternoon came where sunset made a blast.
Seas reflected the prismatic clouds as they amassed.
My journey in this world was really vast
And grateful for having a shadow that can last.

Evening came but the moon and stars were missing.
Everything was dark and I started shaking.
My trust to my shadow was diminishing
As my heart was bleeding and aching.

When hope was almost gone, I noticed a faint call
Calling my name and asking me to never fall
That he was always with me through this night wall.
This darkness was my shadow, embracing me like a ball.

(C) Jeffrey Cejero