BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

17 May 2022

A Little Late

By Stuart Dann

A Little Late 

It should be my natural instinct .
To put my arm over you when I'm awake.
So I could pull you tight to me.
My warm body for you to take. 

Resting your head upon my arm.
My own head upon your shoulder.
To smell your sweet fragrance.
Your shampoo's flow'ry odour. 

I should then tenderly kiss your neck .
Whispering I love you in your ear.
Telling you I am always yours.
That I will always be here . 

As you turn to kiss my lips .
I can see your sweetest smile.
Beautiful are your eyes that sparkle.
I should stare at you awhile. 

I should run my fingers through your hair.
Then across your lips.
Laugh at you affectionately.
As I feel the moisture on my fingertips. 

Telling you as you get out of bed.
How simply beautiful you are.
That I hope you have a wonderful day,
Even if you're not going anywhere far. 

So that you will be at least happy .
With my every word’s touch.
This morning with the promise
That I love you so much. 

Though all that I can really do
Is tell you that you have my heart.
That will hold all that I was to you .
Whilst we continue to remain apart. 

Sadly though I'm unable to show you
As in heaven you sit and now wait .
For me to join you once more.
Except that I may be a little late . 

© Stuart Dann