BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

9 October 2021

YOU MATTER TOO

By Estelle Cortes

If I could interest you,
Perchance take a bit of your time,
Could you, maybe pause 
from your busy life, 
And come sit here with me?

I have no wish to burden you,
With my worries, fears and sorrows,
I just want you know
You matter too.

Let's forget for a while,
The madness that has touched the world,
As though every spine have bent,
And every heart has broke.

Let's forget this plague
That's robbing us of our sleep,
Let's forget the opportunities lost,
Let's mourn lives lost until later.

For now tell me
 of your hopes and plans,
Do you still dare to dream,
Do you still want to go on?

Let me tell you
YOU matter too,
There is life beyond this pain and loss,
There is laughter to be found
Amidst the tears.

Come here and sit with me,
Let's wait until nightfall  to gaze at the stars,
Light bonfires, 
Laugh until we cry.

Please let me interest you,
Sit with me by the fire,
I want you to know you matter, 
And I hope I matter to you too.

~Estelle~
10082021
1008H