BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

29 October 2021

School at Home and Family Bonding

A Winning Piece GOLD

School at Home and Family Bonding 
By Leah C. Dancel 
           
I'm too young to know the ways of the world 
But I understand things that were explained 
To us at school; though I am not that old.
Will I finish my school? Was my concern. 

Things were very hard in the beginning. 
Rules were getting stricter, but we followed. 
More of don'ts than do's were part of learning. 
New things sounded strange that we had to do.

Like washing our hands with soap and water 
After we touched whatever things at school; 
To social distancing when we gather
To wearing mask and use of alcohol.
 
Pandemic happened and lock down began. 
A prisoner at home, I've been confined. 
School continues, online work must be done.
I get myself organised; I've been fine. 

The good thing about this whole covid lockdown ... 
I got time bonding with my family.
I help Mum with household chores and have fun 
With my brother doing artwork and play.

(NB. A very interesting chat on the phone with my 11 year old granddaughter eventuated the other day. Her hidden fear is more outlined whether she will finish her Year 6 and experience a Graduation Rite of Passage before moving on to high school next year as she and her classmates and friends were missing out a lot this year due to covid through pandemic lockdowns. She has spoken more and even touched about Mental Health. She has just returned to the classroom and it's only a matter of four weeks she will finish her Primary or Elementary School education level.) 

Leah C. Dancel 
Copyright@2021
All rights reserved 
SH-Australia 
October 30, 2021
#Children'sVoice
Ellen Retoma Prompt