BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

20 April 2012

YOU ARE EVER IN DEBT TO LIFE

On New Year's Eve (2010)
at set of sun,
another day.
It's course has run
the "Balance Sheet"
was steeped in Red,
"You are my debtor,"
Life now said,
"I, your debtor?",
that cannot be,
but first your books,
I would like to see."
Life took the scroll
of my Account
And staggered me
with this Amount.
"A breathless dawn, you have had each day
A brilliant sun, to light your way
A million stars hung overhead
A golden moon, your eyes has fed
The songs of birds, the running streams
The night to dream, your splendid dreams
A rendezvous in moon-drenched lanes
The cooling touch of summer rains
The open road, the meadows green
What miracles your eyes have seen
The rolling clouds were yours to view
The countless flowers still wet with dew
A clinging vine on garden wall
An April's Robin's mating call
In early spring, the Daffodils
The setting sun, against the hills
You have had the painted sky above
A full share of a mother's love
You have had a few, but loyal friends
These benefactions know, no end."
Amazed,
I heard these charges made,
the list was long
that life displayed
I scanned the page,
now steeped in "Red,"
and could do nothing
but bow my head and pledge,
no more would I abase,
these things that once seemed
commonplace unchanged,
the record stands today,
next year Dear Lord,
Can I repay?

Author Anon

Source: Unidentified Australian Magazine