BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

13 April 2012

WHAT DID I LEARN?

I learned that sometimes it is easier to share my soul with the whole world
Than it is to share it with someone intimate
I learned that aspiring toward my desires takes true commitment
And, a solid belief that my goals have legitimacy
I learned that asking for understanding is sometimes impossible
But, giving understanding is not
I learned that trying to prepare others for what lies ahead,
May confuse their innocence and thwart their progress
I learned that saying no to someone else, even when they object
Can help them learn to say no in their own lives, when need be
I learned that wanting and needing are hard to separate
But the difference is of great importance
I learned that I am stronger than I thought I was
And, that I need both strength and insight to function
I learned that I will not always feel positive
But that, my down days give me perspective
I learned that patience takes self-discipline
But, its rewards are immense
I learned that laughing after making a mistake
Does not erase its valuable lesson
I learned that letting someone else’s laughter reach my heart
Is just as rewarding as saying something to make them laugh
I learned that appreciation of others, of life and of challenges
Causes each day to be full and fruitful
I learned that it is good to expect better of one’s self
But, not so good to stress over petty details
I learned that living is not one huge moment of joy
It is the travel, and the unravel — the discovery of life,
That builds foundations for joy and for loving and living

~By N.O. Tate (Reprinted with Permission)
Source: Inspiration Line