BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

13 June 2011

How Many Friends Have You?

An old man turned to me and asked, "How many friends have you?"
"Why, ten or twenty friends have I," and I named off just a few.
He smiled a knowing smile at me and sadly shook his head,
"How lucky you must be to have so many friends," he said.

"But think of what you're saying. There's so much that you don't know!
A friend is just not someone to whom you say 'Hello'!
A friend's a tender shoulder on which to softly cry,
A well to pour your troubles down and raise your spirits high.

A friend's a hand to pull you up from darkness and despair,
When all your other so-called 'friends' have helped to put you there!
A true friend is an ally who can't be moved or bought,
A voice to keep your name alive when others have forgot.

But most of all a friend's a heart, a strong and sturdy wall,
For from the hearts of friends there comes the greatest love of all!
So think of what I've spoken, for every word is true.
And answer once again, my child, how many friends have you?"

And then he stood and faced me, awaiting my reply.
I smiled at him and answered, "At least ONE friend have I!"

Thank YOU for being MY FRIEND!

~Author Unknown