BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

6 December 2023

MY BEST FRIEND'S FUNERAL

By Crispulo Tappa 

Christmas Reflection 7



MY BEST FRIEND'S FUNERAL

I dared not, as most men 
do, loudly weep
Or stood by your bier 
and take a peep
Neither mumbled a sorrow-
ful goodbye
Nor offered wreaths that 
wilt and dry.

I did what is oft'n not 
done, in private
Grieve your death, my 
best friend, great
Your passing on to the 
next life, I celebrate
The joys and triumphs 
that we all partake.

I will not write an elegy
of your great story
But sing a joyful song of 
your eternal victory
Over death; death of man,
we shouldn't mourn,
Death is just a beginning
of his next sojourn.

No long sad marches to 
bury your remains
For there in my heart your
memory remains
A parting between friends,
my joyful de jour
A sweet sorrow, only best 
friends can savour.

When time comes for me 
to be in the eternal garden 
Of love, joy, and peace; 
God's ethereal realm
Forever and ever, we shall 
be best friends again.

*A Lament to honor my dear friend/s 
who have passed on to the next life.