BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

1 October 2023

THE MOONLIGHT IN MY TWILIGHT

By Jeffrey Cejero 



The Moonlight in my Twilight

When I was a kid
Twilight was goosebumps
Shadows seemed to eat me
The swaying of branches gave me fears
And the flowery smell of the night was like brought my ghosts
The howling of dogs seemed death was just around
And the hooting of owls was considered a bad luck

When I was not too young nor too old
Twilight was like a cold rain
I remember my unuttered goodbye to my father
Before he turned to stardust
The sacrifices of my grandmother who never
Tasted the luxury of life
I guess these are my greatest pains and regrets
I also remember those "friends" who wanted me
To dance and sing for their amusement
And I turned them down
For I was not a dancer nor a singer
And they started to burn bridges for my refusal.
And I had tbese unreachable stars
And brokenhearts
Life seemed to be unfair

And now, I'm already old enough
Whose heart, body and soul
Are alrealy tampered by fears, pains and regrets
No more twilight that could shake me
The howling of dogs brings me mysteries
The hooting of owls gives me music
I also enjoyed the flowery smell of the night
At this age, twilight is amazingly beautiful and peaceful
Especially when I'm showered by moonlight