BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

1 July 2022

SONG of the FLOWERS

By Khalil Gibran


I am a kind word uttered and repeated
by the voice of Nature;
I am a star fallen from the blue
tent upon the green carpet.
I am the daughter of the elements
with whom Winter conceived;
To whom Spring gave birth;
I was reared in the lap of Summer
and I slept in the bed of Autumn.

At dawn, I unite with the breeze
to announce the coming of light;
At eventide I join the birds
in bidding the light farewell.

The plains are decorated with
My beautiful colors, and the air
is scented with my fragrance.

As I embrace slumber the eyes of
night watch over me, and as I
awaken, I stare at the sun, which is
the only eye of the day.

I drink dew for wine, and hearten to
the voices of birds, and dance
to the rhythmic swaying of the grass.

I am the lover’s gift; I am the wedding wreath;
I am the memory of a moment of happiness;
I am the last gift of the living to the dead;
I am part of joy and a part of sorrow.

But
"... I look up high to see only the light,
and never look down to see my shadow.
This is wisdom which man must learn."

Khalil Gibran
1883-1931