BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

4 November 2019

THE DIGITAL SELF

By Melanie Amante Mabao Maguindanao

Seemingly suspended frozen in the frigid air...
I examined myself again in the mirror.
I saw my avatar in a metaverse where the sky is the limit.
Is this a way to trick the senses?
Maybe some neural implant has been inserted so that I can't tell the difference between playing my life or the second life...on a never ending calculus of reality and fantasy.

My heart stopped in there for a moment.

Is it really possible to digitalize the self?
To leave your body and upload the mind?
A post-human living entirely inside a machine...creating an absence of human flaws and weaknesses?

It is a concept of having an appearance without the traces and sutures of wear and tear but a seamless indestructible image of the self in an alternate world.

The idea more than appealing is rather sticky. The wild and the weird sounds mysterious and interesting sometimes... but, I would rather have reality decompose me from the outside, than think of a new world that brings about new dangers!

Source: FB, My Avatar on the Mirror, November 5, 2018