BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

31 October 2013

On Twilight's Edge

I cannot recall exactly when, was it a dream
Was I walking on the backstreets of memory
A voice asked me, 'Do you know the difference
Between the light and the dark? '
Echoes led me deep into a cold, dark place
Tortured growls from a wounded mother beast
I stood in awe of the horror to be unleashed
Lost souls shrieked petitions before Heaven
Wolves donned wool of the slaughtered Lamb
Shepherds wandered off into the wilderness
'I thought I could discern the difference'
I cried out, 'I was mistaken! ! '
The voice answered, 'If you truly knew
Neither dark nor light would be necessary
Only twilight's edge remains
Where the night and the day always meet
Returning to here and now, tears in my eyes
Bathing in the glow of twilight's edge
The birds went quiet
For precious moments
Peace from beyond dried my tears
Suddenly I thought I had glimpsed Paradise

© 2005 Roderick Dwayne Gering