BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

9 August 2010

"GROWTH"
















The river flows,
ever changing,
picking up speed here
and slowing down there,

narrowing,
widening,
dropping silt
and lifting up dirt,

joining,
separating,
warming
and cooling,

finally emptying into the sea,
just a hint of what it once was.

It is not the same river
as at the source.
It is not the same river
as where the turtles nest.
It is not the same river
as it is at the rapids.

We are each a river.

We flow.
We change.
We learn,
we forget.

We jump for joy.
We mourn a loss.

I don't know about you,
but my childhood feels
like someone else's life.

It's hard to believe
that was me,
that it is the same person.

Of course, it's not the same person.
It was a different person,
because now I'm different.

Different from me as a child.
Different from me as an adolescent.
Different from me as a young man.
Different from me even
as a new parent a few years ago...

in fact, my young daughters are different
than they were just a few years ago,
and it is hard for me to believe
they are the same girls.

Keep changing.
Keep learning.
Keep growing."

~David Leonhardt~
Source: The Happy Guy Newsletter
www.thehappyguy.com