BEATING HEART

BEATING HEART
"Many a beating heart is silenced by the tyranny of indifference." ~Michael Faudet

THE PUREST PLACE

THE PUREST PLACE
"Retrace your steps and go back to the purest place in your heart… where your hope lives. You’ll find your way again.” ~Everwood (Trust Your Journey)

The Bible says

"a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of things which he possesseth."

14 June 2024

REFLECTIONS

By Paul Guerin

This is a new poem just drafted, called "Reflections". 




Reflections
 
I’m on a narrow winding way
I search but cannot see the end
So I reflect upon my day
And matters that I need to mend

I struggle down the narrow way
Recalling old forgotten dreams
Wishing for a brand-new day
When reality is all it seems

My mind runs over hills and dales
I think of times long past
Some happy days and some sad tales
Romantic dreams that couldn’t last

My mind drifts on to valleys green
With tall dark mountains looking down
White beauty of a winter scene
That lifts my thoughts so I won’t drown

I wonder where this road will end
Is the destination getting near
Does solace wait around the bend
Will there be hope and quiet here

As the narrow road winds on along 
I vacillate from hope to fear
If past mistakes have made me strong
Perhaps I can walk out of here.